cq9电子游戏竞技平台 (“UB”) respects and protects the privacy of its website users (“Users”) in accordance with applicable state, 联邦, 还有国际法. 像这样, UB provides the following information to clearly and simply explain how personal information is collected and used.
UB collects two general categories of information, as further described below:
UB’s website automatically gathers certain information to track User website browsing patterns. This data — which generally does not contain any personally identifiable information — is used by UB to more fully understand how its website is being used and whether certain website content could be enhanced. 这些自动收集的信息包括:
- Routing information: the internet address from which the User accessed the UB website, 事务大小和引用域.
- Technical Access Information: basic information about how the User accessed the UB website including date/time, 大小和浏览器/系统类型.
Users might also provide various types of personal information to UB (through its website) as part of their educational experience, 就业, 或其他参与大学社区的活动. This information can be shared at several different stages of the educational process – prior to admission, 作为一名学生, 和毕业后. “Personal information” refers to information related to the identity of a person, 包括但不限于:
- Contact Information such as name, email, address, date of birth, social security and phone number.
- 学历信息，如就读学校, 学历(课程), 测试结果, 成绩), 业余爱好(体育), 俱乐部), 学术建议.
- Other Relevant Information such as job history; family/personal circumstances; disciplinary and/or criminal history, CQ9游戏官方网站健康的信息, 残疾, 种族和/或国籍.
The following examples illustrate situations in which Users might provide personal information to UB:
- Fundraising: communications with or outreach from UB regarding development, 筹款, 和/或校友活动.
- 招生 applications: responses to questions in UB admissions process (regarding the topics listed above) and submission related materials.
- Athletic Recruitment: information provided to a UB coach or contracted recruiting partner regarding the User’s athletic and academic capabilities.
- Accessing Electronic Resources and Databases: basic name, 用户名, and/or profile information submitted when creating user accounts for various databases and educational resources through the UB network.
- Questions about or Communications with UB: general inquiries to the University regarding admissions, 设施, 学术cq9电子游戏竞技平台, 体育运动, 及/或其他大学职能.
UB collects and uses personal information with regard to applicants and students toward the goal of providing quality, post-secondary educational services to undergraduate and graduate students and continuing engagement of alumni and others who support the University’s mission. 具体地说, the University collects personal information in its admissions process (including student-athlete recruitment) to recruit and select candidates who are academically suited for UB, as well as to identify accepted students who would benefit from specific campus services. Information about students is maintained by various departments, 包括注册处处长, 学生服务, 体育系, 和大学研究, for purposes of supporting and enhancing students’ educational experience, 并向联邦和州机构报告, 认证机构和NCAA. 校友个人资料, donors and other supporters of the University is maintained and used by the Office of University Relations.
Personal information of students is generally retained for a minimum of five (5) years from graduation or the last date of attendance. Personal information of employees is generally retained for a minimum of seven (7) years from the last date of 就业. 然而, some information may be permanently retained by UB to properly maintain Users’ academic records (e.g. transcript), as well as to support UB’s related alumni engagement and development outreach.
在某些情况下, UB shares limited personal information with third-party contractors and vendors providing specific services related to the University’s educational purpose. 这些关系通常受制于契约, requiring the third party’s legitimate interest in the User information which is only used as necessary to perform the third party’s contracted services. Most of these relationships are related to the UB’s academic or IT services.
UB uses substantive technical measures to safeguard and protect User personal information, 包括但不限于:防火墙, Secure Socket Layer communications and password protected systems.
The University may amend this 隐私政策 from time to time by posting the most recent version on its website.